I don’t know whether to laugh or cry…
I’ve read in many places that people are saying that you have to be productive and do things during quarantine since we now have time and so forth. One thing you can do is learn new recipes and «have fun» cooking. But, what if you have no talent whatsoever when it comes to cooking?
Many people on social media have been trying to prepare different recipes, from cookies to cakes, and even cakes made in microwaves, and they’re failing miserably.
Because not everyone is talented in the kitchen, and for this skill to pop up out of nowhere during quarantine is highly unlikely. I mean, seriously, cut them some slack.
1. Someone tried to bake an adorable cookie in the shape of a bunny
2. This was supposed to be a cake
3. More attempts at making bunnies
4. I don’t know what this was supposed to be
5. These were macarons
6. I think something went wrong here
7. And here’s anooother bunny
8. I don’t even want to imagine what this was meant to be
9. Or this
10. Too much passion went into this one
11. “What are you looking at?”
12. Not even the dog liked it
13. Well, at least he tried
14. They were supposed to be delicious
15. Too much love
16. Maybe cooking isn’t her thing
— Heidi Allen (@heidiallen75) March 28, 2020
17. It’s hard to be productive during quarantine
#StayAtHome & be productive.
How do you think they turned out? pic.twitter.com/kKmB07XPmB
— Justice Seeker is sheltering at home ☮️ (@tizzywoman) March 28, 2020
18. She nailed it! Ok, no she didn’t.
— Nic Hilton (@NicHilton1) April 3, 2020
19. She tried to follow the recipe carefully
I made banana bread. I followed the recipe exactly ish, but it failed .. pic.twitter.com/f4h9fSD9Hr
— Riley Alexander (@xRileyAlexander) April 3, 2020
20. They’re not social distancing
help my cookies are not social distancing pic.twitter.com/n8yVSdjSvJ
— Yasmine Salam 🇱🇧 (@yasminesalam_) March 26, 2020
21. What was he trying to bake?
My friend Zam, editor of the first 3 River Cottage series, has been doing a bit of “overnight baking”. Consequently his bread rolls detected some risk to their well-being and made the decision to start social distancing… pic.twitter.com/ACFNDDRDok
— Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall (@HughFW) March 31, 2020
22. They were originally destined to be bagels
So like many people at home I tried my hand at baking today. They’re meant to be scones btw ! 🤷🏻♂️ pic.twitter.com/dbx4DMGTIT
— Miles Briggs MSP (@MilesBriggsMSP) April 7, 2020
23. She’s been busy cooking…. or trying to, at least
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while; I’ve been baking pic.twitter.com/wS59AONAlY
— Jacq the Stripper (@JacqTheStripper) April 4, 2020
24. Cooking isn’t for everyone
— #CurrentAbsaPremChampion (@Ta_pf__) March 31, 2020
25. It’s not like we all have the same gifts
Tried out my 30 year old bread making machine today. Didn’t go well pic.twitter.com/TvRmLcEgPb
— Cecily Tynan (@CecilyTynan) March 22, 2020
26. And there have been a lot of fails
My wife has started baking. And now we know why she doesn’t normally bake cakes. pic.twitter.com/fK3hA37fas
— Tommy (@NYCFirm) April 1, 2020
27. Although quarantine is frustrating
I can’t bake for shit 😭 pic.twitter.com/CNULq9Elqg
— MARLEY 💡 (@GirlNamedMarley) March 30, 2020
28. You can always keep trying
🙄😑🤦♀️ WHY CAN’T I BAKE. pic.twitter.com/UrHQKq21OF
— Allison Rogers WLWT (@AllisonWeather) March 19, 2020
Or so I think.