By Natalia Avayu
May 30, 2024

The actor finally talked about the death of his wife, gorgeous Natasha Richardson, actress who played Lindsay Lohan’s mom in the popular movie “The Parent Trap”.

It’s amazing how someone can fall in love with some actors and actresses, as their talent gives us the ability to love and hate them at the same time. We just feel part of the film and get involved with all the characters.

We all know Liam Neeson, and we’re used to seeing him saving his relatives or the world in his movies. But even though he’s a veteran already(66) it’s amazing to see his roles as a “retired detective”. But what many don’t know is that he’s a serious married man, and that unfortunately his wife has died.

She was another film personality who was much loved in the industry. Natasha Richardson, who was recognized for her role as Lindsay Lohan’s mom in the popular movie “The Parent Trap,” died after falling on a Canadian ski slope. Richardson was skiing with her kids and an instructure when she suddenly tumbled and hit her head.

At first, she appeared to be fine, but they later called the ambulance. An hour later, she was taken to a local hospital in Montreal, where she slipped into a coma due to head trauma. At that time (back in 2009,) Liam had to leave the set of a film he was shooting in Toronto, and traveled to Montreal to be at her side.  

“I was told she was brain-dead and seeing this X-ray was like, wow… looking at her was devastating.”

Liam Neeson to 60 Minutes

Cordon Press

Neeson acknowledged they had made a pact before getting married: if any of them got into a vegetative state, they’d pull the plug. That’s why even though it wasn’t easy at all, he said goodbye to her and did it. His wife wanted to donate her organs, so Richardson donated her heart, her liver, and her kidneys.

The actress passed away on March, 2009, at the age of 45. Her death was a blow to the actor, who later fell into depression and became an alcoholic. However, he later found strength in his children, went back to work, and 10 years later he finally talked about what had happened: